Catch of a Lifetime, LLC
Terms used but not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Terms of Service.
Information We Collect
At various points, such as when you register a User Account or upload a profile picture, you will be providing us information about yourself. Some of this information will be personally identifiable information (“PII”), that is, it could be used, on its own, or in connection with other information, to identify you. Your name, email address, and pictures are examples of PII. We also collect other non-personally identifiable data, such as demographic information (e.g. gender), geographic information (e.g. your city of residence), cookie IDs, and device IDs. This data is referred to, collectively with PII, as “Personal Data”.
Personal Data about you may come from your submissions, interactions with our Services, and other sources, and can include (but may not be limited to): name, username, email address, phone number, date of birth, location; gender; sexual orientation; ethnicity; nationality; religion; education history; interests; hobbies; comments and posts; personal descriptions; social media handles; friend lists; browsing data; internet address; device IDs and characteristics; cookie data; settings and preferences; photographs; and videos.
Note that if you provide a phone number to us and opt to receive text messages, your carrier may charge you for such messages. You understand that any such charges are your responsibility.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, your web request, Internet Protocol address, referring / exit pages and URLs, click history, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and whether you opened an email, and other statistics (“Log Data”).
Typically, Log Data is collected through log files, web beacons, browser cookies, or other device identifiers that may uniquely identify your browser or device. You may be able to set your web browser to refuse all cookies, and your mobile device to not provide your mobile device identifier.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information. We may also share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Typically, you can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, however, you may not be able to delete or disable cookies on certain mobile devices and/or certain browsers. The help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies or to notify you when receiving a new cookie.
If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of our Service.
Sharing Personal Data
Please be cognizant of the things you post, submit, or communicate when you use our Services. We strongly recommend you not include sensitive, financial, or personal contact information in your profile or posts, such as your phone number, email address, credit card number, or health information. Information you share with other Users is at your own risk.
Use of Your Information
We may use Personal Data, usage information, and other data to:
- operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of our Services;
- improve the quality and design of the Services and to create new features and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences;
- contact you with information about the Services;
- remember information, including subscription information or other settings, so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Services;
- provide custom, personalized content and information;
- perform analytics and gather metrics;
- diagnose and fix technology problems and otherwise plan for and enhance our Services;
- maintain your account and provide help and support;
- resolve disputes between Users;
- perform research on User interaction with the Services and User interests, including in various products, services, and content;
- allow service providers, advertising providers, ad networks, and other third parties to show you advertisements on Catch of a Lifetime mobile and/or web platforms;
- perform functions or provide services as described to you at the time of collection of the information;
- enforce the User Rules and investigate violations thereof; and
- investigate fraud or violations of laws or regulations.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell Users’ PII to third parties (i.e. persons and entities not connected with the Company). We may disclose Personal Data to third parties under limited circumstances, including:
- with your consent;
- if we believe in good faith that it is required by law, a court order, a subpoena, or similar;
- to investigate or prevent illegal activity, abuse, or any situation that might threaten a person’s safety;
- to defend against or establish claims in a legal proceeding; and
- in the event of an acquisition, sale, merger, reorganization, or similar, of Catch of a Lifetime, LLC, or any successor entity.
Data Storage and Security
We employ security measures to protect against the theft, misuse, or loss of Users’ Personal Data and other information utilized by our Services. However, as with any internet-based platform, it is impossible to guarantee perfect security. We cannot and do not warrant the security of any data transmitted to us, and assume no liability in connection therewith. We expressly disclaim any warranty with respect to security and breaches thereof, any loss or theft of Personal Data, and any damage or service interruption to any User device regardless of cause or fault. You assume all risk of unintentional disclosure of Personal Data for any reason.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of thirteen (13) (“Children”).
We treat such matters with the utmost seriousness, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Notification of Changes
If you have any questions about these Guidelines, or to report conduct you think might violate them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated August 14, 2017